Massage treatment can have the following effects on your body and these can last from 12-48 hours, although are usually minor and quite normal. If these effects persist or if there is anything else worrying you, please get in touch to discuss your concerns and so it might be noted on your file for future reference (if necessary)
- Soreness, aching, drowsiness, headaches, runny nose or cough
- Frequent visits to the toilet;
- Change in your regular sleep pattern;
- Heightened emotions (especially after Hot Stones).
It is really important that you drink plenty of water or herbal teas following your treatment to help your body process the effects of the treatment. Massage increases your lymph flow and drinking fluids will also help cleanse the body of any impurities.
- Take time to relax and enjoy the benefits of the treatment
- Do not use stimulants such as alcohol or drinks with a high level of caffeine for at least 12 hours after treatment
- Do not smoke or use drugs for at least 24-hours after treatment (check with your doctor before treatment if you are taking prescribed medication)
- Do not eat a heavy meal for 4-6 hours after the treatment as this will result in your blood rushing from the muscles to stomach which can cause dizziness, or make you feel queasy
- Do not partake in vigorous exercise or sport for at least 4 hours after treatment to give your body time to recuperate
** Ear Candling **
After the treatment you could experience a variety of results including:
reduced mucus build up in the nasal passages
reduction of headaches caused by sinusitis
Please ensure you drink plenty of water and avoid caffeine and alcohol. Try to get some rest and avoid loud noises if possible. Wax can come to the surface up to 24 hours after treatment and this should be wiped away from the outer ear.
Never put anything into your ear canals and always contact Sally if you experience any problems following treatment.