Sports massage helps people who actively take part in sport maintain their body in optimal condition by speeding up recovery from muscular exertion. During sports massage muscles are stretched. This helps to remove the build-up of lactose acid, flush out the toxins that cause muscle stiffness and soreness, and improve the range of motion and movement. Sports massage helps to relieve muscle pain and spasms by helping to free muscle adhesions and soften scar tissue caused by injury.
Sports massage is not only great for athletes - but can benefit anyone. It improves blood and lymph circulation, positively impacting on the immune system, relaxing the body and mind, and stimulating the nervous system.
Benefits of Sports massage
- Reduction of muscle fatigue
- Recovery from injury
- Increase in athletic performance
- Help with muscle maintenance
- Drains the lymphatic system
- Helps to warm up the muscles before sporting activities
- Helps to remove lactose acid after sporting activities
- Helps to reduce pain
- Reduces stress from injury or training
- Helps elderly or bed ridden people by giving the muscle a gentle work out
You don't need to into sports to benefit from this treatment.